Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day Hike!

Since I was little all my Mom wanted for Mother's Day was to go on a hike. Since I have to work on Mother's Day we did it early. We went to Zions and hiked a new hike we had never done. We had a hard time finding the beginning of the trail....but we eventually found it. Dion came with us and for some reason didn't get "the memo" that we were going on a hike. So she stopped and Mom and I continued up the trail. After the hike we stopped to eat at Oscars-ALWAYS yummy food!

My mom is Awesome and AMAZING! She has a hard job and works her butt off, but still has time for us kids! She finds time to exercise and she is in better shape than most 20-30 year olds! She is always calm and hardly ever gets mad, even when we were younger she never raised her voice. She is also a wonderful healthy cook-I love the meals she prepares! She is known to most people for her salads.....they now have the name "Vicki salad." She is also very artistic. Unfortunately, she did not pass any artistic genes on to me. She made it through college on an art scholarship. Once she retires she would love to start painting again! She is a GREAT Mom and I am so happy she is MINE!


Lauren and MOM at Oscars




Beautiful views




2 comments:

Britania said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!!

Kate said...

Oh I Love your mom! And her love of HIKES!! It's a good thing to be into, I should follow her example more often- they're more fun than running, after all!