Dax had hernia surgery on Wednesday. He had a LARGE hernia on the right and a small one on the left. ( He was just born with them.) I was nervous about how he was going to act without being able to eat. I was happy when I heard he could have breastmilk up to 4 hours before. I also had to give him a bath right before we went in. We were told to be there at 8:15am. So I decided to wake up at 4am and give him a bath and feed him one last time. When we got to the hospital the nurse tried to be so careful and not wake him up. But she did and he was ALL smiles and full of laughter! They were loving it....they don't get little ones too often. Everyone who walked by came and checked him out because he was so happy....little did he know what was about to happen. Of course, there was a HUGE surgery(that is what I was told) before Dax. Yep, they were running way behind....I expected them to be a little behind but way behind? I got so worried he was going to start crying, and he won't stop until he eats. I luckily got him to fall asleep.....yahoo! He slept until they came to get him. I was so relieved! He woke up when I layed him in the crib. We watched the anesthesiologist wheel him away. Then the CUTEST thing happened......DAX turned his head and looked back at us as they wheeled him away...SOOO CUTE! It made me tear up.
Then Jason I were left to wait. I was so anxious the whole time. About an hour and 20min later Dr. Lewis came out to give us the good news that Dax was done and all is well. He even said Dax was already awake and kind of crying! What a relief! They quickly came out and got us to go back with him. We got a private recovery room....it was nice! Dax cried a little and ate a little too....but mostly he slept! We spent about an hour in post op and then we were sent home! I have been so surprised how GOOD he has been. Dax has 2 incisions about an inch or so long, which pretty much cover his entire lower abdomen. They look so sore :(. I gave him Tylenol the first day a few times because I knew he HAD to be sore. The next morning he was back to his old self! He acted like nothing even happened. What a tough little guy!
Oh yeah!! He weighed
12.2 pounds! WOW, he has more than doubled his birth weight and he is not even 3 months yet. About 2 1/2 weeks ago at his 2 month appt he was 9 pounds 12 oz....go DAX!

Getting ready...such a HAPPY boy!

LOVE his chubby legs!



Dax getting loves from Dad

IV and o2 sat probe

Stella babe....she is next!

Loves the sunshine!
3 comments:
awww..how sad. Too bad they don't let you watch, that must be the hardest part when they wheel him away. He is looking SO cute though! I love when they start to get chunky. I can't wait to see him and I am glad hhis surgery is finally over!
he is so cute. i am glad everything went well with the surgery. I hope he's happy and doing well.
I'm so glad he did well & everything went ok! What a tough little guy!
Post a Comment