Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Swine Flu

Jason got it first than passed it on to his pregnant wife....nice guy huh? We have spent the last 5 days in bed or on the couch saying few words to each other. It hurt so bad to even talk! I would have to say the body aches were the worst part. Next worse was the cough and horrible sore throat! Lucky for me the fever passed quickly since I was started on tamiflu early. But it didn't come without a long Dr visit, Chest xray, and Jason driving me to my appt since my neck was "locked" and I could NOT move or touch it without SEVERE pain. Poor guy sat in the car for 3 hours.... It looks like I got the vaccine about a week too LATE. I was thankful the hospital ordered "preservative" free vaccines for their pregnant employees though.

Looks like Swine Flu helped my cervix progress a little too....I am almost a 3! My Dr. says he will be surprised if I don't deliver before my due date.

3 comments:

JustLivingMYLife said...

wow thats horrible that you both had to go through all of that! im so sorry :( i hope you are feeling better now. i cant believe its almost time for your little baby to get here! so exciting

Jess said...

You just can't catch a break can you? Seriously that is so crappy! I hope you get feeling better soon. I'm so sorry!

Britania said...

I hope you are ok, that is pretty scary. Well that is exciting that he is getting ready to come. Hopefully sooner than later. I am a total believer in early babies are a good thing.