Saturday, April 12, 2008

D-Week

My mom, who is on the Board of Trustees at Dixie College, bribed Jason to participate in the Great Race for D -week. It is a relay race with various parts . The Board created a team and no one wanted to do the mud pit, so that was Jason's leg of the race. I went with Jason early to meet with the team and sure enough they were looking for a rollerblader because the rollerblades did not fit the guy...Yep, I became the rollerblader. Sweet, cause I had not rollerbladed for 10+ years and I was also dressed in nice clothes. Not to mention I had to use some random person's rollerblades with no socks...YUCK! Since I was so horrible on the skates I begged my sister to run by me in case I fell. Long story short our 1st leg of the race was a runner who was to pass off to a guy who had to run the bases after spinning around 10 times, then he was to pass to me. Well, our runner was no where to be found after the rest of the runners had passed the baton off. I along with the guy who was running the bases thought maybe she had a heart attack or something. Well, about 5minutes after the last rollerblader left (yes I was there all alone along with Dion) she showed up. Great, so now I am left to rollerblade past a huge group of people and on the course all alone around the campus.......ahhhhh. I finally got the baton and took off. I turned around to wait for Dion , but she was too slow -I just keep going. Shortly up the road I saw another rollerbladder -I was thinking "Sweet I won't be the last or alone." The girl I ran into had fallen, so the competitive girl I am, waited for her so we could ride the course together. Rollerblading turned out to be okay.
My mom was on the bike leg of the race and Jason was our mud guy. We ended up coming in second to last. We were happy because we knew we would be last considering we had a bunch of "old heaters" (sorry mom) and a handicapped kid. Jason inhaled some mud and now has a horrible cough. Oh well, it was worth it we went to a nice dinner after.



Dion and I at the lake on Saturday!
Mud Pit

Coming through the tunnel

Done...and he beat the other guy to pull our team from last place to second to last place!

Dad and Mom enjoying the Mud pit

Rinsing off the mud

2 comments:

Britania said...

Wow, that sounds like you guys had some fun. I would have liked to see your race :)

Jess said...

I'm so glad you found me! I was so sad when I came back to work & heard you'd left! I will definitely be keeping in touch with you! I'm glad you have a blog. How's the nicu?