Tuesday, August 19, 2008

California!

We had a GREAT trip out to California this summer! My parents were able to join us for a few days so we had the opportunity to show them around! Jason and I always enjoy spending time with his family....I am sure lucky to have such GREAT inlaws!!!
We made a trip out to Napa one day, which Jason and I always LOVE! We also spent an afternoon in Santa Cruz...I couldn't believe how many people were swimming in the ocean and I had to wear a jacket the whole day. Of course Kim hosted a GREAT baby shower for Jessica. And Kristina had the whole family over one day to play at her house. She lives on a lake so we found lots to do.....fishing, riding the electric paddle boat, swimming, eating, and the boys, Jason, Scott, and Brent provided entertainment by trying to use the row boat. We had a FANTASTIC trip and enjoyed visiting with everyone....but I know Jason's FAVORITE part of the trip was sushi at Sozo's!
Dad, Kim, and Steve wine tasting!
Wine tasting after the tour!

Picking wine grapes @ Mondavi Winery

Santa Cruz

Practicing our shots!

Jessica's baby shower.....look at that AWESOME diaper cake!
Jessica looks so CUTE!
Jessica and I out for a ride!

Jason trying to row.....


4 comments:

Austin and Maren said...

Looks like a super fun trip! I have always wanted to go on a wine tour and see a vinyard in person. Are you guys planning on moving to Cali? What for? Have a great day Lauren. I know this is a random question, but do you ever talk to Carly Bug? Just wondering what she is up to.

Brent and Jessica said...

We all had such a great week!! I can't wait until you guys move here!! :) Well, that is what I am hoping for at least.....

Austin and Maren said...

That sounds awesome. I think it would be fun to live in Cali. When you talk to her again tell her hello from me. I have been thinking about her, so thanks for giving me the update. I wonder if she likes Goldman Sacs, I know a few people that work there. Well have a great day! I hope work is treating you well. Also, nice car! I love it!

Kellie said...

Lauren! Hey its Kellie from good old Murray. Remember that one time I went to your house and we rode your 4 wheeler all over the neighborhood? It was probably the only time I went to you house, but I still remember it. haha. How is life? You seem to be having a great time. I am jealous that you are still in St George. I want to move back down there so bad. Maybe one day I will. Its good to see you and add you to my blog stalking list. (creepy!)
-Kellie